[tv14.list] INS topic examples available; test topic release next week

Paul Over over at nist.gov
Tue Jun 3 10:54:32 EDT 2014

Hi,

For those participating in the instance search task ...

In the guidelines, we've added a link to an example of the
INS topic format and one to the topic DTD.

   http://www-nlpir.nist.gov/projects/tv2014/tv2014.html#ins

Reminder: this year, in addition to the image example files
and masked image example files, we will make available the
shot (as a separate webm file) from which each image example
was taken and the time offset of the example image within its
shot.

If a run uses any of the shot information it will need to
identify its example set as "E"  -see the submission DTD
for details

   http://www-nlpir.nist.gov/projects/tv2014/dtds/videoSearchRunResult.dtd

The example topic also mentions the convention we have
been using in the TEXT attribute to distinguish between
topics looking for instances of just the example targets
and those that also accept instances of things manufactured
to be identical to the examples (e.g. logos, etc).

Note, please, that we plan to release the topics a week early,
i.e., next week on 11. June in case people want to get started
before CBMI.

The topics are obviously test data and must be isolated by
each team until their test system is frozen and official test
runs begin.

Best regards,
Paul
--