[tv14.list] INS topics

Paul Over over at nist.gov
Thu Jun 12 14:03:35 EDT 2014

Hi,

For those participating in the instance search task ...

1) The DTD for an INS run has been updated to be consistent
with the guidelines and require elapsed time for automatic
and interactive runs to be returned in SECONDS not MINUTES.
http://www-nlpir.nist.gov/projects/tv2014/dtds/videoSearchRunResult.dtd
(right click and select "view page source")

2) Each masked example image identifies exactly ONE instance
of the topic target. However, in some cases we have used more
than one polygon (in contradiction to the Guidelines) to
localize the single target - when occlusions separate it into
multiple regions. If there are no major objections we will leave
the masks as they are.

Thanks,
Paul
--